This has to be the perfect meal for a quiet summer night in Maine. The recipe below makes two servings (six total sliders), so you definitely might want to double or triple up on that!
- 1 1/2 lbs Maine Lobster, shell-on
- 1/4 tsp Sesame
- 1/4 tsp Fennel
- 1/4 tsp Celery salt
- 1/4 tsp Korean chili pepper
- 2 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp, plus as needed Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 Bacon strips, cut into thirds
- 12 thin sliced tomato
- 2 handfuls frisée, torn into bite-size pieces (about 1 cup)
- 6 Brioche rolls
- Grind sesame, fennel, celery salt and Korean chili pepper until fine.Combine mayonnaise with dry spice blend. Add sriracha. Reserve, refrigerated, at least 15 minutes.
- Boil Maine Lobster for 7-9 minutes. Remove from boiling water and chill in ice water. Once chilled, separate claws and tail from body of cooked Maine lobster, reserving body for another use.
- Remove Maine lobster meat from shells and chop into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine Maine lobster meat with spiced mayonnaise.
- Spoon 2 ounces Maine lobster salad in each mini brioche roll. Top each with a piece of bacon, a piece of frisée and 2 thin slices of tomato and skewer with bamboo skewers. Plate 3 sliders per serving, and serve with additional Sriracha if desired.
Special thanks to our friends at Lobster from Maine for sharing this great recipe!
Will have to try these if I can get my hands on some fresh lobsters near our lakehouse at Sebago. Thanks for sharing best of Maine