Delicious, simple and gooey! Slice this sandwich into small pieces for an appetizer or drizzle with the versatile “everything” sauce and serve as a full meal.
- 4 oz Maine lobster meat (freshly steamed and picked)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1 ripe tomato sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon sliced in half
- 2 tablespoon shredded aged white cheddar
- 4 slices high quality sandwich bread
Ingredients (Everything Sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickle 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Start building the sandwich: Spread the mascarpone cheese evenly over the inside of each piece of bread. Layer the bread bottoms in the following order: cheese, tomato, caramelized onion (it’s ok if it is still warm), tomato, cucumber, Lobster and a touch more cheese. Top with the remaining bread.
- To cook the sandwich: Place 1⁄2 the butter in the pan and heat until melted. Add the sandwich and toast over medium heat (it may take a few minutes on lower heat, but it is well worth the melted crunch). Before you flip the sandwich, add the remaining butter, then flip. Place the entire pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
- For the Everything Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and set aside.
- To serve: Slice the sandwich in half and serve alongside the everything sauce for dipping. Squeeze the lemon juice over the sandwich at the last minute to add a touch of acid. For a messier, sloppier, finger-licking good time, drizzle the sauce right over the sandwich. Garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
Special thanks to Executive Chef Andrew Gruel of Slapfish Restaurants for creating this great recipe!
GET IN MY BELLY!!!!! As a maine man through and through i just have got to have lobster in everything. Add some nice chips to the side. Delicious
Will have to try this with the sauce, thanks for sharing.